We are pleased to announce applications are open for the Parkes East and Central European MA Scholarship in Jewish History and Culture.
One Scholarship (tuition fees and a contribution to maintenance) is available for citizens of selected East and East-Central European countries to study for an MA in Jewish History and Culture at the Faculty of Humanities, University of Southampton, UK in 2017/18.
The University seeks candidates who intend to use the degree to start an academic career or further an existing career in cultural, educational, archaeological, or communal work (e.g. Museum, Holocaust education, archive).
- You must be a national of and currently residing within one of the following countries: Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Lithuania, Latvia, Poland, Romania, Slovenia, or Slovakia. Please note that we are not accepting applications from non-European Union countries.
- You must be expecting to return to the country concerned at the end of the period of study.
- You should hold a degree of an equivalent standard to at least a good UK second class Honours degree.
- Have a standard of English that meets University of Southampton admission requirements (IELTS 7.0 overall)
- Have not already been awarded a university doctorate from another academic institution
- Have not already spent a substantial period of time (more than a year) studying in a university outside your home country.
Deadline: Friday 30th June 2017.
How to apply:
See our website http://www.southampton.ac.uk/parkes/postgraduate/ma.page? for information about the programme and details on how to apply.
Please send a CV and a personal statement regarding this studentship to Dr Claire Le Foll at c.le-foll[at]soton.ac.uk